A radar detector is a type of electronic device used to warn the driver about his vehicle being monitored for over speeding. We will be discussing about two such radar detectors namely the max 360 and passport 9500ix both products of the same company Escort. The comparison of both the devices will be done in specifications and price. So beginning the passport 9500ix vs max 360 war, we’ll start off with some basic comparisons.
– The new feature that can be seen in the max 360 and which is worth noticing is that of the directional arrows. This tells you if the signal is coming from behind or the front.
– Both displays have options of dimming the back light of the screen. The max 360 has a multi-colour OLED display. Giving you the option of changing the colour of your display screen according to your liking. Whereas, the 9500ix has a standard blue light.
– Even the detection power of the 360 is better than the 9500ix, being able to detect radar faster and from a further distance. This is due to the faster processor of the max 360.
– The electric plug for both the models is same. But the mounts for both the models are different. A stability problem with the 9500ix mount is noticable. A blendmount can be used to secure your radar in place. Which is available online for around $80.
– False signals can be locked out in both the models. Any false signals can be highlighted using your smartphone. But in the max 360 you will still be able to see them but grayed. This is a better option just to be safe.
Passport 9500ix Vs Max 360
With almost similar specs, the max 360 does beat the 9500ix in processor speed and new feature of directional arrows. The 360 might be bigger and heavier. The buttons have also been reported to rub off easily, but by linking your device to your phone using Bluetooth and escort app that can be avoided. So all in all in the battle of the passport 9500ix vs max 360. The max 360 takes the win.